I remember the very moment when I became heartless. If I could go back to before I let myself fall for you, I would tell myself what I know now.
I'm Mary. GVHS, Senior. 18 and crazy.
Ask me anything
"I was born with confidence, and I will die with confidence." -Carolyn Dee
Caring about someone doesn’t end when that person walks away and distance is put between you. When you can care about someone when it seems you’re the only star in their sky to when you’re nothing more than a star in their sky among millions more then you’re heart has truly taken roots to theirs. I still look at our memories and smile because we had fun, and you made me see things in different lights. I thank you for that and I still care. Even when it may seem like our past lies in ruins, I still see a palace.
If you choose to not love her now, you can’t choose to love her later.
Where I can walk underneath an umbrella to a downtown local coffee shop. Where I can walk through the woods to get away from it all to clear my mind. Where I can see new smiling faces and hear new stories from people who have had their own wild adventures. I want to see the leaves change, taste the snowflakes, dance in the rain, and feel the heat of the sun on my shoulders as I become a part of this beautiful world that I was born destined to explore.
You taught me words mean nothing and actions are rarely followed through.
1. There’s a reason schools teach Shakespeare instead of John Green; you make your own life, it’s not written in the stars, waiting to start until you find that person with the perfect smile
2. People are a hell of a lot smart than you think. Shut your mouth, stop thinking you know everything, and listen.
3. Getting close and being vulnerable is scary as hell, But you know what else it is? Worth it.
4. Reason really is the doctor to love.
5. The moment you feel your happiness being dictated by another person, take a break from them.
6. Take a step back and look around, you have more friends than you think.
7. Growing up is going to happen and it’s going to be tough. Just stay close to those around you, you’re all in it together.
8. If you’re still checking their Facebook/Instagram/tumblr, you’re never going to get over them.
9. Everything seems worse in the morning. Don’t fall for it, it’s deceiving.
10. No need to be so intense all the time. People get tired of swimming in the deep end, sometimes they need a break in the shallow part of the pool.
11. Stop avoiding everything. Get out of bed, get dressed, go to school, go to work. It sucks at first but it’s part of the healing process.
12. If the person makes you feel like shit and you still go back to them, it’s an abusive relationship.
13. Headphones are great, but listen to music aloud every once in a while. Sometimes you need to scream a song so everyone can hear you.
14. Boundaries are a must.
15. You can be a caring person, but you need to be happy with yourself before you try to make others happy.
16. Try and understand other’s intentions and situation before you get angry with them.
17. Tough love is necessary sometimes.
18. You can’t fix people no matter how hard you try. Get this engrained in your mind.
19. Surround yourself with people who will love and support you.
20. Loneliness is lethal and makes you have a distorted view of things.
21. No one hates you more than you hate yourself. Stop being your own enemy.
22. Someone can only hurt your feelings if you allow them to.
23. Getting your shit back in order is five times as hard as it is to mess it all up.
24. Listen to your parent’s advice.
25. Be open to anything and everything. Life isn’t fun when you’re a closed book.
26. Talking about your problems is great, but there comes a point when talking about it becomes dwelling on the past and it drains everyone around you. Know when you’ve hit this point.
27. A lot of people don’t like their shit showing. More people than you know are going through hard times.
28. Distract yourself.
29. Don’t be so easily swayed, a lot of claims out there are not true.
30. Some seasons of your life are harder than others. This too shall pass. 30 Things I Learned During the 30 Worst Days of my Life: November 2013 (via confused-and-misunderstood)
I don’t even really give a damn anymore. You both are each other’s rebound.